sábado, maio 20, 2006

"The lighthouse"

There's a lighthouse on the hillside,
That overlooks life's sea.
When i'm tossed,
It sends out a light, that i might see.
And the light that shines in darkness now,
Will safely lead me on.
If it wasn't for the lighthouse,
My ship would sail no more
Everybody that lives around us, says,
'Tear that lighthouse down.
The big ships, they don't sail this way anymore,
There's no need of it standing 'round.'
But then my mind goes back to that stormy night,
When just in time i saw the light,
Oh, the light from that old lighthouse,
That stands up there on the hill.

And i thank God for the lighthouse,
I owe my life to him.
For Jesus is the lighthouse,
And from the rocks of sin...
He has shone a light around me,
That i could clearly see.
And if it wasn't for the lighthouse,
Where would this ship be?

And if it wasn't for the lighthouse,
Where would this ship be?

(Produced in 1971, music written by Glen West, lyrics by Ronnie Hinson)